Thursday 16 January 2014

Values

Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling discouraged - I feel so unaccomplished. I felt like I lost a sense of direction which affected my idea of happiness. I asked God. I took some time to reflect on my values which are to love God and my family, to be honest, to be generous, and to have a sense of compassion.

I think it's important to write your values down or tell yourself verbally because it's so easy to be distracted and be lead away from them. What am I doing right now to work towards these values of mine? Am I spending time with my family? Am I being generous? Am I honest with myself? Where is my compassion?

I highly encourage you to reassess and reflect on your values. I believe the successes and failures of certain tangible goals should't deem our happiness. What I mean by that is that I realized we are never satisfied with where we are at. If we face a failure, we automatically develop this fear of feeling rejected once again. Or when we face success, we just keep wanting more. When are we truly happy?

I realized that when I carry and satisfy the values that are genuinely important and significant in my life, it actually brings greater joy, comfort, and a closer proximity to my identity. Fulfilling these values most definitely brings that happiness back.

:)