Thursday 19 June 2014

CHOOSE

Ever since this summer started, I literally felt like I had a whole mentality shift.

At times, we are placed in difficult situations in which we have no control over. Things Happen. Things sometimes don't go our way or how we expected it to pan out. And the problem is, it's so easy to dwell on the negative.

"Why is this happening to me?"
"I don't know what to do now..."
"Why aren't things going the way I planned?"

It's so easy to come across these thoughts. And what these thoughts do is that they bog us down even further, they make us feel crappier, and they ultimately allow us to feel sorry for ourselves.

I realized that no matter what we do, sometimes we just simply can't change the situation. The only thing we CAN change, however, is our ATTITUDE. I quit feeling sorry for myself and wow what a great change.

I feel like I'm so much happier with whatever's in front of me. I realized that I really had two options:
A. I can look at a situation, be negative about it, and feel even worse about it by complaining :( OR
B. I can look at a situation, identify that I CAN be negative about it but I CHOOSE to be positive despite this situation happening because I know that will help me and the people around me cope with this problem even better.

Yup it's that simple WOOO! This mentality shift has definitely blessed me with a happier life so I definitely encourage you to try it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment