Sunday 16 September 2012

Give thanks

Sometimes, there are just so many things that go on in life that I forget to take the time to give thanks and reflect on all of God's blessings. It is at a time like this - with piles of readings and assignments and a rush of crazy feelings -  that I feel like I just need time to write and realize the things I am so grateful for.

I'm really thankful for my family - for always being so supportive and real with me. They're not afraid to tell me straight up what's on their mind and I respect that. I genuinely feel like they love me no matter what - sounds corny but true. Even if sometimes I'm not the most responsible or likeable person, they're always here - and I'm grateful. 

I'm really thankful for my church. I feel like since the English Ministry started this May, there was huge spiritual growth in each of us. Last week, two brothers joined our WBC family.  Slowly but gradually, the Lord is planting seeds for us to help our ministry grow. I'm so blessed to be with these people at my church. Throughout the summer, we went to the Richmond Night Market after fellowship to eat all the yummy late night food. I love these times because everyone just buys food for each other, shares, and all in all, just has a good time! I think this summer with these brothers and sisters has taught me what generosity, love, and selflessness really is. It's about shedding God's love. 

I'm really thankful for my close friends. We shared so many memories since high school. It's crazy how God works sometimes! When you least expect it, God will answer your prayer. I don't really remember how it started - but two weeks ago, one of my best friends (let's call him J) decided to go to church with me. He liked it. The next week, he INVITED another good friend of ours (let's call him S) to go with us! Today, S really wanted to go and we went (even though J couldn't make it), and he said the sermon really spoke to him. When we had lunch together, we got into talking about the music and then S invited our friend, R, to experience praise and worship next week! Wow God!!!

Right about twenty minutes ago, I was in the midst of confusion, a bit of stress, and a whole lot of worry. Right now, however, I feel a sense of peace. God will provide - He always has. I just want to end with this verse in the bible:

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Thanks Father - AMEN!