Tuesday 9 October 2012

Bring me Back

Footsteps

Today when I was heading to school, I saw a huge group of kids at the skytrain station on a field trip. Seeing them made me smile a bit inside; they were all so talkative, excited, and obedient to their teachers. As I was walking down the stairs from the skytrain station, I see me and other university students hurry down the stairs   in hopes to catch our routine bus. I sometimes wish that I was a kid again - amused by the smallest things and enjoying whatever's in front of me. Being a child is really so great - so carefree, so simple.

What's stopping me though?

I don't think there's a reason why I can't be amused by the smallest things, to enjoy what's in front of me, to be carefree, or to be simple. Some may call me naive, but I yearn for this childlike faith. My father, our God,  has promised us His love and blessings when we learn to trust and become totally dependent in Him. I would like to think of myself as a teenager right now - I love my Father but at times, I feel like I could handle situations by myself, make my own decisions, and rebel against those who care about me most. So Father, please bring me back.... to the faith of a child.

2 comments:

  1. agree 100% n hehe...2nd time reading it =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way sometimes too! Hahah, your blog posts are so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete